Sunday, March 30, 2008

Welcome!

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I hope you will stick around :)
Here is what I'm planning:

On Monday (starting 4/7) I will post a weekly reading assignment from the Catechism of the Catholic Church. If you don't have a copy click on the Amazon link the right side bar and get yourself one! Along with the assignment (which I will be taking straight from the CHN Guide to Read Through the Catechism in a Year) I will aim to cover 7 daily reading assigments in a week, and yes I'll be reading all seven days on Sunday night most likely. I will offer some of my notes, random thoughts on how this applies to me, a wife and homeschooling mother of four, and perhaps some related links. Your mission- should you choose to accept it- is to read the assignment (or just my notes, we are busy moms afterall, LOL) and post some comments.

Let's "encourage each other daily while it is still today"!!! (Hebrews 3:13)

6 comments:

Theresa said...

Sounds neat, Andrea. I might give it a shot. Can't promise I will keep up, but I will at least start with you!

carol said...

What a great idea!!

I decided during Holy Week that this would be the year that I will finally and officially convert to Catholicism.

RICA doesn't start until fall and I've got an entire year now to wait until Easter 2009!

I think your lovely little idea is just the thing I need!! Its SO hard to wait!

I actually have the Catechism checked out from the library, but I think I'll order my own copy this week.

GREAT idea and I can't wait to get started!
Ps
Found you from the 4Real Forums where I mostly lurk, but do post occasionally as hoosiermama.

Leah of RamFam said...

Thanks for this effort. I hope to keep up with you!
Blessings,
Leah
(RamFam)

Mel said...

Hi, My nick name is Mel. I have 3 grown children, a 12 year old and 2 grandchildren (3 and 1). I am about to complete a 3 year program at my church on the catechism. I am interested in working through it again with each of you and chatting about it. There is so much there!

Pamela said...

I am so excited and can not wait. Thanks Andrea for putting this together.

Anonymous said...

I went yesterday to Barnes & Noble (thanks for the idea Carol) and bought my copy....can't beat $9!
Ready to start!